mercoledì 10 febbraio 2021

How to easily install VCSA from MacOS

Issue
Today I needed to install the new vCenter server 7.0u1. I downloaded the .iso (VMware-VCSA-all-7.0.1-17327517.iso) file from VMware, double click on the file, then I navigated inside and clicked the file Installer, present under the folder vcsa-ui-installer/mac/.

After that I faced the gatekeeper of the mac (Bug Sur 11.2). In order to proceed with the installation of it had to allow each step. Until, even if I was allowing it to continue, I was no longer able to proceed and the installation was stuck in here....

Solution
Googling around I found how to disable macOS gatekeeper only for a specific folder. I also found an article from William Lam on "How to exclude VCSA UI/CLI Installer from MacOS Catalina Security Gatekeeper"

However, for the installation I proceeded as follows ..
  • I created a new folder namde VCSA (in my case).

  • I copied/extracted all the files into the new VCSA folder ..



  • Opened a new MacOS Terminal

  • Moved into the proper folder, launch the command xattr as shown below in order to remove the metadata "com.apple.quarantine" for the extracted VCSA ISO files

    lorenzo@MacBook-Pro Downloads % sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine VCSA
  • After the quarantine attribute has been removed, it is possible to run the VCSA UI Installer without being prompted with an error.

  • However it could happen that the installation path is not correctly detected (as in the image below).

    Click on Browser and select the folder VCSA (in my case) the ones with the quarantine metadata removed.

  • It is now possible, to continue with the installation and proceed over ...

    ....until the end.

That's it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento